SIG & BOF Programming
The 39th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy will offer many opportunities for Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and Birds of a Feather (BOFs) to share their information, recruit new members, add value to the Jewish Genealogical community, and make this Conference great.
A huge SIG/BOF Fair, which is called “SHARE Fair”, will kick off the Conference on Sunday, July 28, from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. This will be a wonderful chance for new and returning conference attendees to meet with genealogical researchers sharing similar interests. Space will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
How to Participate
SIG and BOF leaders who are interested in participating in the Conference and/or the Sunday SHARE Fair must submit their completed SIG and BOF Applications to SIGandBOF@iajgs2019.org.
The guidelines for SIG participation in the Conference can be viewed or downloaded HERE.
A PDF version of the required SIG application to participate can be viewed or downloaded HERE. (If you need an editable version, you can download the file as SIG_Application.rtf or SIG_Application.docx.)
A PDF version of the required BOF application to participate can be viewed or downloaded HERE. (If you need an editable version, you can download the file as BOF_Application.rtf or BOF_Application.docx.)
The SIG and BOF due dates are as follows:
- SIG and BOF applications are due by January 20, 2019.
- SIG-sponsored speakers' call-for-papers submissions and emails with their sponsored-speaker info are also due by January 20, 2019.
If you have any questions, special requests, and/or suggestions, SIG and BOF leaders should contact Nolan Altman, SIG/BOF Coordinator at SIGandBOF@iajgs2019.org.
The following SIGs operating under the JewishGen umbrella will be participating in the Conference.
- Austria-Czech SIG
- Belarus SIG
- Bessarabia SIG
- BialyGen SIG
- German Jewish SIG
- Hungary SIG
- Latvia SIG
- Romania SIG
- Sub-Carpathia SIG
- United Kingdom SIG
The following independent SIGs will be participating in the Conference.
- Gesher Galicia
- JRI Poland
- Litvak SIG
The following Birds of a Feather groups will be participating in the Conference.
- Bukovina BOF
- Canada BOF
- Chernigov Gubernia BOF
- DNA Project Administrators BOF
- Friends of Jewish Dokshitsy BOF
- Geni.com Users BOF
- Israel Research Group BOF
- Jewish Genealogy Portal with JewishGen.org BOF
- JGS Newsletter Editors
- Lublin and Zamosc Area BOF
- Mac/Apple Product Users BOF
- Mogilev-Podolsky & Shargorod BOF
- Ostrow Mazowiecka BOF
- Professional Genealogists
- Rohatyn District BOF
- Svencionys District Research Group
- Siaulai District Research Group
- Trakai District of Vilna Gubernia
- Webmaster Roundtable BOF
- JewishGen.org Yizkor Book BOF
- Vilnius Household Registers BOF
- Siedlce Gubernia
- Podzelva BOF
- Tracing the Tribe
- Klaipeda (Memel) District Research Group
- Kobrin Uyezd Jewish Research Group
- Kolbuszowza Region BOF (KRRG)
- Kremenets District Research Group
- Kupiskis SIG and Rokiskis SIG
- Lida District / Oshmiany District BOF (Lithuania and Belarus)
- Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG)
- Vilnius District Research Group