Old Montreal Culinary Walking Tour
Thank you for your interest! Please consider attending DMAI's 2017 Golf Classic.
Enjoy the sights, sounds, and taste of Old Montreal with the Culinary Walking Tour benefiting the Destination & Travel Foundation on Tuesday, July 11 from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Discover the birthplace of Montreal and one of the largest concentrations of 17th, 18th, and 19th-century buildings in North America! On this walking tour, your guide will lead you through a maze of narrow cobblestone streets, providing historic commentary and interesting facts. Furthermore, you will taste some specialties of Montreal in old and famous places, including some of these stops:
- Soeurs Grises or 3 Brasseurs (beers, smoked bacon & cheddar)
- Montreal Poutine or Monplaisir (smoked meat)
- Europea or Maison Faure (desserts)
- Délices de l’Erable
At the end of the tour, your guide will accompany you back to the hotel or you may stay at leisure to enjoy a few more hours in Old Montreal.
Highlights include some of the following stops:
- Place d’Armes and Place Royale; historic public squares;
- City Hall and Bonsecours Market; important institutions;
- Château Ramezay; the oldest private museum of history in Québec;
- Some of the magnificent banks and buildings on St-Jacques Street; formerly known as “Little Wall Street”;
- St-Paul Street; boutiques, souvenir shops, art galleries, bars and cafés;
- Place Jacques-Cartier; former site of 17th century skirmishes and now a bustling centre of activity;
- Old Port; a crucial part of Montreal’s development;
- A glimpse at some of the new hotels, restaurants, bars and business that have breathed new life into Old Montreal!