ATSSA’S 2020 ANNUAL CONVENTION & TRAFFIC EXPO
The #1 roadway safety infrastructure convention and expo is coming to San Diego, January 29=February 2, 2021. ATSSA is the industry’s voice for roadway safety. ATSSA members provide the majority of all roadway safety features, services, materials, and leadership knowledge throughout the nation.
The 2021 Convention & Traffic Expo is scheduled to hold various concurrent education sessions, covering a wide range of topics. Other educational offerings include the Traffic Control Device Student Challenge presentations and daily Traffic Talks held at the ATSSA Pavilion on the exhibit floor.
PUBLIC AGENCY SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
ATSSA is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to public agency officials to attend the 2021 Convention & Traffic Expo. All public agency officials are encouraged to apply for a scholarship, however due to the limited number available, preference is given based on the following criteria (not in any rank order):
· Active ATSSA Public Agency membership (either Firm or Individual)
· Previous recipient of an ATSSA scholarship
· "Key decision makers" for their respective agency
· Public agency officials that work in traffic safety/safety/work zones
· Public agency officials that are committed to attending all four days of ATSSA’s Convention & Traffic Expo, January 29 - February 2, 2021
ATSSA also encourages public agency officials at local counties, cities, and municipalities to apply.
MARTY WEED ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
In honor of Marty Weed, The ATSS Foundation is proud to offer two (2) scholarships to newer engineering public agency officials to attend the 2021 Convention & Traffic Expo. To apply and be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
· Have a MAXIMUM of seven (7) years’ work experience either:
o Holding a valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license (or overseas equivalent)
o OR as an Engineer
· AND specialize or have a strong interest in work zone safety and temporary traffic control
· AND be employed by a public agency (city, county, state, or federal) as an Engineer or P.E. at the time the application is submitted
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Travel expenses will be included with the scholarship up to $1,500, including mileage or coach airfare, meals, and lodging at the Higgins Hotel & Conference Center (official scholarship hotel).
NEW REQUIREMENT: Scholarship recipients that choose to stay at a hotel other than the Higgins will be responsible for the cost of the room and tax at any other hotel. Those costs will not be reimbursed.
Instructions about booking rooms through the official housing company (RHS) and receiving the complimentary registration will be included with the approval letter sent to scholarship recipients.
Scholarships are non-transferable without prior written approval from ATSSA.
To Apply: Please complete this online application form and return it to ATSSA by Sept. 30, 2019.
Scholarship applicants will be notified of the decision on Oct. 11, 2019.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Back to Top