2012 ASSH/AHSS CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 1st Combined Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) and Australian Hand Surgery Society (AHSS) is designed for hand practitioners to share new concepts and revisit established principles pertaining to hand and upper extremity. Hand care professionals from around the world will come together to share, discuss and learn about breakthrough techniques and procedures advancing the care and treatment of hand and upper extremity. We invite you to submit an abstract for consideration at our 2012 combined meeting in Kauai, Hawaii, USA.
ABSTRACT PRESENTATION OPTIONS:
- Paper or Poster
- Instructional Course
Scientific Presentation Abstract (Paper/Poster) Policies and Procedures:
A Scientific Presentation is a report of a basic or clinical investigation, designed to answer a research question relevant to the practice of hand surgery. If accepted your abstract will be presented as either a Scientific Paper or Poster during the meeting. Download the submission guidelines and then submit your paper/poster abstract online.
Instructional Course Lecture (ICL) Abstract Policies and Procedures:
An ICL is a 15-30 minute presentation from the podium on a topic of your choice. Download the submission guidelines and then submit your instructional course abstract online.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
- Review the policy and procedures for your preferred abstract category prior to submitting
- Enter the online abstract submission site and follow the instructions provided on each page, entering in required information as you go.
- After your abstract has been submitted you will receive a confirmation email detailing your abstract login information.
- You can continue to access your abstract and update your submission through September 30, 2011 October 2, 2011. Your abstract will not be reviewed until after the deadline.
- For questions, please call (847) 384-8300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are chosen to be a presenter, you are required to register and pay to attend the conference. The ASSH/AHSS does not pay for any meeting relating costs for accepted presenters, including hotel, travel or registration fees.
- Scientific Abstracts are marketed as “never-before-heard” material. Please do not submit paper or poster proposals which have been published, presented or are scheduled for presentation/publication prior to March 2012.
- An abstract may be edited and published by the ASSH/AHSS if accepted.
- All accepted abstracts will have a second review opportunity at the time of their acceptance to make any final changes prior to publication.
- A maximum of two images may accompany an abstract submission (includes any graphics, tables or charts). All images must be “print-ready” with a minimum 300 DPI at the time of submission. If accepted, the abstract and images will be reproduced in an abstract book which will be copied in black and white.
- A maximum of 6 authors (including the primary/presenting author) may be listed on any paper or poster abstract. A maximum of 4 faculty may be listed for any Instructional Course lecture. Additional author/speakers are added as the last step of the abstract submission.
- The ASSH requires that all speakers at programs granting Continuing Medical Education credit provide a financial/commercial disclosure statement. All financial relationships for each author must be properly identified. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate sponsored research, or any other substantive relationship. A disclosure statement will be collected from EACH author listed on the abstract. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to obtain these disclosures from each author!
ABSTRACT TIMELINE - Subject to Change
The ASSH/AHSS reserves the right to change and revise the following deadlines. The submission deadline goes into effect at 11:59 PM (Chicago, IL, USA).
|Abstract Site Opens
|Abstract Submission Deadline
||October 2, 2011
|Accept/Reject Notifications Sent
||January 18, 2012
e-Posters Upload Deadline
|February 20, 2012
For questions about your abstract please email Danielle Roesmann with the ASSH at email@example.com or call (847) 384-8300. Please reference your abstract number and the name of the primary author in any communication so we may quickly identify the abstract in question.