Code of Conduct
AAOE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAOE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all AAOE meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AAOE but held in conjunction with AAOE events.
AAOE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AAOE asks that you inform either Addy Kujawa, Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com | 847-624-2339, Vicki Sprague, Chief Integration Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org | 317-727-5771, or Michael Behr, AAOE Board of Directors President, email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by AAOE throughout the meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any AAOE event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. AAOE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take pictures of presentations in the event space.
AAOE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AAOE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.