About the Conference
The AAOE Annual Conference is hosted by the American Alliance of Orthopaedic Executives (AAOE), an organization dedicated to providing education and resources to administrators and the staff of orthopedic practices and other musculoskeletal groups.
Who Should Attend?
• Hospital Administrators
• Managing Physicians
• Professional Staff
• Athletic Trainers
• Practice Leaders
• Industry Partners
For the AAOE Annual Conference, the following learning objectives have been identified:
• Implement new practice management techniques
• Generate practice management policies to promote efficient business practices
• Execute new ideas and strategies in their practice
• Compare new products and services
• Implement the latest technologies in their practice
• Interpret the most recent changes in healthcare
100% of learners will describe one thing learned that they plan to use to increase staff engagement and/or one thing learned that they plan to use to improve workflows and efficiencies in their practice.
At the conclusion of AAOE’s 2021 Annual Conference, attendees will learn the following, based on sessions they attend in each core function area:
• Business Development
- Understand and assess if different lines of business could work for one’s practice, including alternative therapies or increased accessibility.
- Build and manage an effective compliance program.
- Assess different ways to manage office culture and how to implement changes at one’s own practice.
• Customer Service
- Establish strong customer service protocols to improve patient satisfaction.
• Data Analytics
- Use data to improve satisfaction and patient outcomes.
- Learn how to leverage one’s own data to benchmark against other practices.
- Assess how small non-financial changes, such as increasing efficiency, can have a positive impact on the bottom line.
• Human Resources
- Analyze current human resources practices and determine which should be updated, removed, or added in order to improve morale, increase patient satisfaction, or otherwise make positive changes in the practice.
- Perform tasks – both old and new – more efficiently with the right technology in place.
• Marketing & Communications
- Discuss different tactics for marketing, communications, and social media; including the advantages and disadvantages of each and how they could impact one’s practice.
- Understand the ins and outs of managing bundled payments and the impacts this could have on one’s practice; as well as how to communicate the necessary position to one’s physicians or board of directors.
- Measure effectiveness of current billing and coding models and provide an action plan to improve.
• Value-Based Care
- Identify and understand different payer models and assess which is best for your practice.
- Recognize and understand the difference between ACOs and bundles, and how value-based care can impact the entire practice, from patients to physicians.
Additional Conference Information
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites are required.
- Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation is required.
- Program Level: Update and overview
- Delivery Method: Group-live
For additional information about AAOE, visit the AAOE website or call 800-247-9699.