Safety of staff and attendees is our top priority. Conference planning will proceed, and be regularly updated, in accordance to all guidelines in place at the time of the event.
We are following recommendations and guidelines provided by the CDC, Texas, and Dallas. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed, but we did want to share some important information and current safety precautions:
- A survey of our conference registrants shows that 94.5% are either vaccinated or plan to be vaccinated before attending the conference.
- We will have masks available for attendees. At this time, the CDC recommends all individuals (those who are vaccinated and those who are not) wear masks while attending indoor public events. If this recommendation is in place at the time of the conference, we will encourage all attendees to wear masks. We will continue to monitor this as well as other recommendations and provide updated guidance to our attendees as we get closer to the conference.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the conference space.
- We are working closely with the conference hotel to remain up-to-date on safety precautions being implemented for their guests in the conference space, common areas, and guest rooms.
- Federal mask mandates are still in place while traveling via plane or other modes of mass transit, making it as safe as possible for you to travel to and from the conference.
- If COVID symptoms develop after arriving at the Annual Conference, attendees should return to their rooms, seek assistance from their primary care physician or local health care provider, and contact AAOE staff at 317-296-1528 or 847-624-2339.