Chief Sales Officer MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
Michael Dominguez is the Chief Sales Officer for MGM Resorts International providing oversight of sales strategies in the MICE and leisure segments, including industry relations, diversity sales and MGM Resorts Events & Production Services. Michael is actively involved in leadership roles in the Meetings and Events Industry and currently serves as the Immediate Past Chairman on the International Board of Directors for Meeting Professionals International.
Michael's other industry leadership involvement includes board positions with:
- US Travel Association (Executive Committee)
- Co-Chair of the Meetings Means Business Coalition
- Co-Chair APEX Room Piracy Taskforce
- APEX Standards Committee
- GBTA Foundation Board
- HSMAI Foundation Board
- Successful Meetings Top 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry 2013,2014 & 2015
- Smart Meetings 2015 Smartest Industry Leaders
- HSMAI’s 2014 Top Minds in Sales and Marketing
- Meetings Focus 2014 Trendsetter
- MeetingsNet 2014 Changemakers
- HispanicBusiness.com’s “50 Most Influential Hispanics in the US”.
Haydn has researched and helped clients regarding generational differences for over twenty years. He is the author ofSticking Points: How to Get 4 Generations Working Together in the 12 Places They Come Apart and FranklinCovey's bestselling workshopsLeading Across Generations and Working Across Generations. He also writes on generations and leadership for the Huffington Post. TIME wrote, "Shaw is an expert on cultural differences at the office." He has spoken to over 100,000 people and worked with more than 1,500 businesses (from Fortune 500 companies to start ups), not-for-profit organizations, and governmental agencies. The results from his long term organizational development and change projects have been written up in case studies. Hailed as a “leadership guru” by the Washington Post, Haydn speaks and consults in excess of 160 days each year to clients who consistently invite him back. Not only does Haydn speak on his own, he has also worked as a senior consultant with FranklinCovey for over twenty one years. He is one of a handful of consultants in FranklinCovey to win the Chairman’s Award.
Haydn Shaw has delivered hundreds of convention keynotes or small, off-site workshops. Known for taking groups from hilarity to deep reflection, he combines rich content with use-tomorrow tools. His work makes an impact because he does his homework, customizing each speech so that they drive results. Having worked with hundreds of organizations, Haydn connects with virtually any group in any industry, and brings practical and inspiring examples from the boardroom and the front line.
Haydn specializes in five areas:
- Generational Differences Haydn heads up FranklinCovey’s work with Generations. He is the author of Leading Across Generations® and Working Across Generations, FranklinCovey’s best-selling workshops. He has delivered his hilarious keynote speeches on generations to thousands around the world. In addition to his speaking, organizations turn to Haydn for help with generations: (1) facilitating teams through generational sticking points using the 5 step process; (2) adapting communications, policies, and systems to make each generation more productive; and (3) designing succession and leadership development plans for those who will replace the retiring Boomers. Haydn blogs about generations and other leadership topics at mygenerationalcoach.com.
- Change ManagementAfter years of helping leaders navigate change, Haydn developed his advice into workshops to provide real-world, practical tools for leaders in the Leading Through the 6 Change Reactions and for all employees in Working Through the 6 Change Reactions.
- Leadership and Management DevelopmentOne of the designers of FranklinCovey's signature leadership workshop, he specializes in leadership effectiveness and development, helping both organizations and leaders spend more time leading and less time managing! Haydn has taughtThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People more than 1,000 times and is still as excited today as he was when he started about how it combines principles of effectiveness with practical tools.
- Personal ProductivityHe has helped over 100,000 people discover what matters most, manage their time and energy, and deal with the overwhelming flow of information
- TrustFrom its release in 2008, Haydn has taught thousands the Speed of Trust workshop/keynote and has helped numerous organizations improve their trust by implementing FranklinCovey’s proven methodology.
I'm a market strategist, consultant, coach and speaker for product and service companies that are looking for dramatic growth and increased revenues.
My clients include Fortune 500 firms like Amazon and Sprint - as well as publicly traded companies like Logitech, TiVo, Virgin Mobile and Yelp. I also work with some of the finest mid-market companies and startups: Solar Universe, the fine consumer green energy firm; KAVAJ, maker of luxury iPad cases; and BodyMedia, an FDA class device that literally helps customers dramatically improve their health.
I partner with clients who are typically in the CEO, President, COO, GM, or CMO role. I help them with all aspects of bringing their products or services to market:
- Product and service ideation
- Product and service development
- Mindset and thinking big (or aggressively)
- Gathering deep customer insights about your brand, products, services, language, etc.
- Developing powerful language for your products and services
- Communicating from the right platforms (often NOT social media)
- A revolutionary relationship-based public relations program
- Facilitating customer word-of-mouth
- Nourishing your customer evangelists
My latest book, released in January 2012, is called Evangelist Marketing: What Apple, Amazon and Netflix Understand About Their Customers (That Your Company Probably Doesn't). Here's the Amazon link: http://amzn.to/EvMktg You can read my current work at my blog (there are more than 350 articles here), on Mashable, and at the Harvard Business Review.