NCBMP Student Program
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Prepare for your entrance into the hospitality and tourism community. Apply for the Student Program of the National Coalition of Black Meeting Planners Educational Conference. Each year NCBMP selects talented students from top ten hospitality programs in the U.S., students enrolled in hospitality programs and public and private HBCUs and international students from Jamaica. This opportunity provides the selected students the opportunity to receive a specialized program, work with a mentor and network with industry executive leadership and professional organizations.
The Student Class Will Receive:
- Conference Registration
- Travel Expenses
- Hotel Accommodations
- Course Materials
Prepare For Your Entrance Into The Hospitality and Event Community: APPLY TODAY!
- Major conducive to hospitality and tourism hospitality major.
- Junior and Senior years of study
- The student must be able to attend the entire conference.
|For your application to be complete the following items must be present at the time of submission. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Complete Application
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s faculty advisor. This should include an evaluation of the candidate’s qualifications addressing academic accomplishments and leadership potential.
- Additional letter of recommendation (Hospitality industry professional, Instructor in major subject, community person. (Recommendations from any relatives of applicant are not acceptable.)
- Student’s resume (Limited to two 2 pages)
- Statement of interest: In a one-page statement, the student should explain why he or she wishes to participate in the Conference and how the experience might contribute to his or her professional development.
- Essay: In no more than 300 words, the student should articulate their take on what separates Black tourism from all tourism and the significance of tourism within the multi-cultural market. How do you believe meetings impact our destinations and communities?
- Photograph (No less than 2' x 2'; head and shoulders only)
Subject Line: NCBMP Student Program: Your Name, University
- Complete the Student Application
- Attach Recommendations (2)
- Attach resume
- Attach Statement of Interest
- Attach Essay
- Attach Headshot
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2017
Notification Deadline: November 7, 2017
Complete Your Application NOW!
NCBMP Student Program Cancellation
NCBMP must pay a variety of charges to hold places for its Student Program. Careful planning goes into developing this program and NCBMP incurs several expenses prior to a student arrival. It is not always possible for payments or charges to be refunded in-full if a student chooses to withdraw from the program.
Please do not submit your enrollment if you do not intend to participate in the Student Program. The cancellation policy outlined below applies to all students.
- Cancellations/Withdrawals must be made in writing and are effective the date the notification is received.
- If you withdraw from the student program after acceptance, you will be billed for program costs incurred including housing and airline tickets, unless and until the service provider reimburses us or releases us from our financial obligation.
- A credit card is required as a portion of the application process. The card provided serves as a guarantee of reimbursement should the student cancel after purchases have been made.