If you have not yet registered and want to begin the process, use the REGISTRATION menu above, or click this link to go to the Registration Form.
If you have already registered for the conference and want to change or add items, or to revise your personal information, use the REGISTRATION menu above, or click this link to go to the Attendee Service Center.
When the schedule of optional items is complete, including Breakfasts with Experts, SIG Luncheons, the Gala Banquet, and computer workshops, the form will be updated. Then you may use the REGISTRATION menu above, or click this link to Update Your Registration in the Attendee Service Center to select and pay for those events.
We are offering several types of registration, including some money-saving packages. You will be asked to select one of these options to start. Please be familiar with them from descriptions on the Conference site before opening a new form.
- Full or Daily Conference (Primary, Spouse/Domestic Partner, Student)
- Full LIVE! (video streaming) & Full Conference
- Full Audio/slides & Full Conference
- Full LIVE! & Full Audio/slides & Full Conference
- Full LIVE! only (not attending in Seattle)
- Full Audio/slides only (not attending in Seattle)
- Full LIVE! & Full Audio/slides (not attending in Seattle)
- Genealogy for Jewish Educators – Sunday adjunct session
- Full Conference & Genealogy for Jewish Educators
WHAT YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES
Primary registrants for the full conference, including student registrants, who have registered by July 10 receive a tote bag that includes, along with other materials, a Daily Planner booklet and a memory stick (USB flash drive).
The memory stick contains a digital (PDF) version of the conference Syllabus, which includes, among other things, all of the handout materials submitted by speakers.
Spouse/domestic partner and daily registrants who register before July 10 receive a Daily Planner booklet but do not receive a tote bag or memory stick (those items may be ordered separately).
Those who register and order extra items on or after July 10 will receive materials while supplies last.
All Conference registrants are entitled to attend—on a first-come-first-served basis—the lecture program, the Resource Center, the Film Festival, the Exhibitor Hall, and the evening programs (except for the banquet, which requires a ticket). The Genealogy for Jewish Educators program on Sunday requires separate registration.
All Conference registrants will have access to the IAJGS Conference Online Family Finder using a password login procedure.
Optional fee-based events and items may be purchased only by those who are registered for the conference (in the case of events, they must be registered for the day of the event); however, you may purchase the complete program of Seattle 2016 LIVE! broadcasts and the full set of recorded Audio & Slides sessions without attending in Seattle.
Conference activities, in general, are open only to those who are registered for the conference. The following exceptions apply:
- Conference registrants may purchase a banquet ticket for themselves and up to three more tickets for guests.
- Speakers may request a special badge to admit one family member or guest to their talk only. They may request additional guest badges at a cost of $20 each. Details about obtaining these badges will be provided later.
- Registered attendees may purchase guest tickets to the evening entertainment events for $20 each.
- Conference registrants may also register for the separate Sunday program, Genealogy for Jewish Educators.
Registration will be open starting January 3, 2016, with some fees lowered during early registration and higher on site. (see below):
- Early On-line Registration: until 11:59 p.m. PDT on April 30, 2016
- Regular On-line Registration: from May 1 to 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 24, 2016
- On-site Registration: August 6, 2016, until the end of the conference
We expect most registration fees to be paid by credit card through the on-line registration form. Some people worry about using a credit card on line. From what we have read, this worry is generally not well founded; credit card processing on line is generally safer than in-person processing. Internet systems generally protect credit-card information much more carefully than in hand-to-hand transactions. While there have been online security breaches, most credit-card fraud arises in other ways. In addition, most credit cards include complete coverage against fraudulent charges.
If, for some reason, you cannot use or do not want to use a credit card, payments may be made by check. However, please observe the note below.
Payment by Check
If you plan to pay by check, please do not submit the registration form until you are ready to mail the check to the Conference treasurer. When you indicate on the form that you are paying by check, enter the check number in the box provided.
If we do not receive the check within one week of the registration, we may cancel the registration or the optional items ordered. To take advantage of special pricing, the check must be received by the treasurer prior to the cut-off date.
Checks should be made payable to "IAJGS Seattle 2016" and sent to the Conference treasurer at:
Douglas M. Cohen
18 Lois Lane
Lexington, MA 02420
Spouse/Domestic Partner Definition
The reduced "Spouse/Domestic Partner" registration fee applies only for spouses and domestic partners who reside in the same household. It does not apply for roommates, siblings, parents, children, or other relatives of the primary registrant, even if they live in the same household. The Conference reserves the right to verify the status of anyone registering in this category.
Refunds will depend on when we receive a cancellation notice.
On or before April 30, 2016
- A full refund of all fees paid less a $50 administrative fee will be made if a cancellation request is received by 11:59 p.m. PDT, April 30, 2016.
On or after May 1, 2016, and before July 1, 2016
- A 50% refund of all fees paid less a $50 administrative fee if a cancellation request is received by 11:59 p.m. PDT, June 30, 2016.
- If you wish to substitute other Conference items for any fees paid, you may do so. This is not transferable to another person.
- If the substitution results in a net increase, you must pay the difference. If there is a net reduction, the difference will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. If the difference is less than $50, it is forfeited in lieu of the administrative fee.
On or after July 1, 2016
- No refunds or substitutions will be made for requests received on or after 12:01 a.m. PDT July 1, 2016.
- We regret if illness, family emergency, or other reasons prevent you from participating in some or all of the conference. However, we have incurred obligations to others based upon your registration and additional fee items.
There will be no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. You may want to consider buying trip cancellation insurance.
To cancel your registration, please write to email@example.com
or send a letter (delivery confirmation recommended) to
Harvey Kabaker, Registration chairman
IAJGS Seattle 2016
1314 Midwood Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910-1645
Full Conference Registration Fees
These registration categories are for the entire conference (i.e., all the days listed in the next section).
||Student 26 yrs. old & younger with ID
|Early On-line Registration (through April 30, 2016)
|Regular On-line Registration (May 1 to July 24, 2016)
|On-Site Registration (during conference)
For full-time students 26 years old and younger with a student ID, we are offering a special rate of $100 for the full conference.
Primary registrants, including student registrants, will receive a tote bag and memory stick containing, among other things, the Daily Planner and a PDF version of the conference syllabus, which includes all of the handouts submitted by speakers. Spouse/Domestic Partner and daily registrants will receive the Daily Planner, but not a tote bag or memory stick. They may order them for an additional fee, subject to availability.
Registration fees include the lectures, the Film Festival, the Resource Center and the Exhibitor Hall. It also includes evening events at no additional cost (except for the Thursday banquet).
Daily Registration Fees
Attendees have the choice of registering for individual days of the conference at the following rates:
|Sunday (August 7, 2016)
|Monday (August 8, 2016)
|Tuesday (August 9, 2016)
|Wednesday (August 10, 2016)
|Thursday (August 11, 2016)
|Friday (August 12, 2016)
Registration for Sunday includes the keynote speaker and the dessert reception afterward.
Friday is a half day, with sessions in the morning only.
Daily registrants do not receive a tote bag or memory stick.
Optional Fee-Based Items
Various optional items and activities (with separate fees) are in planning, including those listed below. Watch for an announcement of schedules and opening of registration. NOTE: These items will be available only to those who have registered for the full conference or for the day of the event, and their guests as described elsewhere.
- Printed Syllabus
- Tote Bags & Memory Sticks
- Computer Workshops
- Banquet (Thursday evening)
- SIG Luncheons
- Breakfasts with the Experts
Conference fees summary list
Click here to see a downloadable summary list of all Conference fees.
On-Site Registration Hours
On-site registration, where you pick up your badge (required for attendance at most conference functions) and other materials, will be open during the following hours:
|Saturday (August 6):
|Sunday (August 7):
|Monday - Thursday (August 8 to 11):
|Friday (August 12):